Plant Diagnostics Clinic Reopens
Published: March 26, 2014
The Plant Diagnostic Clinic Reopens on April 1, 2014
The University of Missouri Plant Diagnostic Clinic was established in 1965 to provide answers to plant health questions. The clinic receives samples from various agencies, businesses and private citizens throughout Missouri.
The mission of the clinic is to provide accurate, timely answers and management recommendations for plant diseases. Management recommendations reflect research-based results and an integrated pest management (IPM) philosophy. Besides addressing plant diseases the clinic handles samples submitted for identification of weeds, mushrooms, insects or arachnids.
We welcome your sample submissions to the clinic. In addition to serving you, the samples you send help to determine what plant health issues are occurring around the state. All diagnostic results are maintained in the National Plant Diagnostic Network’s National Repository. This system helps to track disease occurrence and spread, quarantined or threatening pest locations and noxious weeds.
Patricia Wallace is now serving as the clinic Director and along with clinic staff will handle your samples. When necessary, the clinic can utilize the expertise of University of Missouri State Extension Specialists and faculty in the Division of Plant Sciences who specialize in Agronomy, Entomology, Horticulture or Plant Pathology to ensure accurate and effective diagnosis and reporting.
Please visit the Plant Diagnostic Clinic website for:
- Information on how to collect and ship a sample
- Submission forms (types of samples accepted)
- Plant Disease Identification
- Turfgrass Disease Identification
- Insect / Arachnid Identification
- Plant / Weed Identification (to include mushrooms)
- Clinic hours for dropping off a sample
- Fees associated with services
- Delayed Wheat Plantings May Effect Yields (10/22/14)
- Evaluate Winter Wheat Seed Quality Prior to Planting (08/04/14)
- Plant Diagnostic Clinic Update (07/15/14)
- Plant Diagnostics Clinic Reopens (03/26/14)